Mack Launches Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid
Mack Trucks today introduced the Bulldog® mDRIVE™ Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80, a new transmission fluid for its mDRIVE automated manual transmission.
Engineered specifically to complement the exceptional performance and productivity of the mDRIVE, the transmission fluid is a fully synthetic, heavy-duty transmission lubricant.
Bulldog mDRIVE transmission fluid delivers the lubrication, component protection and fuel economy demanded by the mDRIVE and is formulated to meet the exacting Transmission Fluid 97318 specification.
“Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 is the transmission fluid of choice for the mDRIVE Transmission for all applications,” said David McKenna, Mack director of powertrain sales. “Designed with the latest lubrication technology based on advanced synthetic base stocks and a unique additive system, Bulldog mDRIVE transmission fluid sets the new transmission standard in terms of fuel efficiency, payload capacity and reduced maintenance.”
Key benefits include:
• 75W-80 viscosity grade – Maintains the fuel economy benefits of the mDRIVE through reduced viscous churn, smoother gear meshing and easier pumping and filtering
• High viscosity index – Allows for outstanding low-temperature fluidity for quicker starts, easy shifts and reduced wear during cold start-ups while providing strong lubricating films at higher temperatures
• Exceptional shear stability – Maintains effective viscosity and film strength for better wear protection during severe operation
• Excellent load carrying capability – Helps protect against wear under all operating conditions throughout the life of the transmission
• Outstanding thermal durability and oxidation resistance – Protects against deposit formation, and contributes to long seal life and extended oil drain and service intervals
• Stable, optimized friction properties – Allows for smooth and rapid gear shifting, which can reduce stress on the driveline and tires
• Extended drain capability – Approved for up to 500,000-mile oil drain intervals, helping to reduce operating costs (refer to specific vehicle manual for proper drain interval)
Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 is available in both five-gallon pails (P/N 9853-120550) and four, one-gallon jugs (P/N 9853-120551).
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Today, Mack is one of North America’s largest producers of heavy-duty trucks and MACK® trucks are sold and serviced through an extensive distribution network in more than 45 countries. Mack trucks and diesel engines sold in North America are assembled in the United States. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 9001 standard for quality and ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations’ public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation’s roadways.
Mack Trucks, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs about 115,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2012, the Volvo Group’s sales amounted to $45 billion. The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm and are traded OTC in the U.S.