Western Star Updates HVAC System on 5700XE and 4700 Models
New improvements to the HVAC systems of Western Star 5700XE and 4700 models means cabs will be cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and quieter year-round. Other changes include more precise temperature controls and faster window defrosts.
The improved HVAC system will be standard on Western Star’s 5700XE and 4700 models beginning in May 2016. The 4900 and 6900 models will get the updates soon.
“Western Star trucks are built to perform the toughest jobs under the harshest conditions, but that doesn’t mean the drivers can’t be as comfortable as possible,” said Ann Demitruk, vice president of marketing for Western Star. “The upgraded HVAC system will make an already superior driving experience even better for drivers.”
Improvements to the HVAC system mean the following benefits for drivers:
- Windshields and side windows will defrost faster due to 30 percent increased airflow.
- Cab temperatures can reach 13° F lower than before because of a remapped evaporator.
- Temperatures can be set more precisely with electronic water valve controls.
- LED backlighting on temperature controls will last longer than current incandescent bulbs.
- Air flow will increase and become quieter with new injection-molded air distribution unit.
- Cab temperatures will remain even with constant temperature control sensors.
- Fewer refrigerant line leaks due to improved fittings.
The improvements are part of Western Star’s commitment to producing the finest trucks and delivering the greatest value for customers.
For more information go to www.WesternStar.com.
Western Star Truck Sales, Inc., headquartered in Fort Mill, S.C., produces tough custom trucks for highway and vocational applications. Western Star is a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America LLC. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets Class 5-8 vehicles and is a Daimler company, the world’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.