- VIPAR Heavy Duty introduces new PARTSPHERE digital ecosystem and suite of technology products
- Conference offers stockholders the opportunity for growth, learning and networking
- The next IMPACT Conference to take place Oct. 18-23, 2020 at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
Crystal Lake, IL – (Nov. 19, 2019) – The VIPAR Heavy Duty 2019 IMPACT™ Conference, held Oct. 20-25, 2019, focused on the organization’s commitment to providing “true group value” and was highlighted by the launch of its all-new PARTSPHERE™ digital ecosystem. The event was well-attended by VIPAR Heavy Duty stockholders, suppliers and industry associates. A tradeshow and product exhibition with more than 130 suppliers provided distributors with the opportunity to learn more about the products and technologies impacting the aftermarket. In addition, more than 1,500 one-on-one meetings were held between stockholders and suppliers.
During the general session, VIPAR Heavy Duty introduced its proprietary PARTSPHERE™ digital ecosystem and the first three platforms within the technology suite.
- PARTSPHERE OMS (Order Management System) supports the electronic transmission of orders between distributors, suppliers and national fleet trading partners within the VIPAR Heavy Duty network. The new platform replaces the existing v-Enterprise system and delivers increased efficiencies, enhanced reporting capabilities, and a stable environment for future growth.
- PARTSPHERE PIM (Product Information Management) facilitates the storage, management and distribution of aftermarket parts data, including specifications, product descriptions and images for distributors to export and use within their business systems, e-commerce platforms, and other external applications. The introduction of PARTSPHERE PIM reduces redundancy within the supply chain, saving distributors time and personnel expenses by providing rich product content from many suppliers all within a single online resource, ultimately feeding the product information necessary for customers to select the right product for their needs.
- PARTSPHERE CLOUD provides enhanced file sharing capabilities enabling distributors to access product images and digital assets from within PARTSPHERE PIM in order to support growing data needs.
“VIPAR Heavy Duty is dedicated to providing solutions and services to our network that are meaningful and impactful now and for years to come,” said Jeff Paul, vice president of marketing, VIPAR Heavy Duty. “The launch of our PARTSPHERE environment and related technology platforms exemplifies our commitment to providing ‘true group value’ to best support our distributors and ultimately our end-user customers.”
The 2019 IMPACT Conference keynote address was delivered by famed college basketball analyst, Dick Vitale. Vitale shared his approach to facing challenges and opportunities in business head-on by drawing on lessons learned throughout his sports career as an educator, coach and analyst.
Dirk Beveridge, an entrepreneur, strategist and advocate of innovation, spoke with stockholders about how to rethink their business model during the Distributor Educational Session. Beveridge’s presentation focused on how to create a culture of innovation and put an obsession with customers at the core of distributors’ value proposition.
During the Young Leaders Forum and Lunch, Dr. Howard Fero, author of the book “Lead Me Out to the Ballgame,” presented the Ten Bases of Leadership to help young professionals cultivate leadership skills and focus their motivation to create high performing teams.
The 2020 VIPAR Heavy Duty IMPACT Conference will be held Oct. 18-23, 2020 at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
About VIPAR Heavy Duty
VIPAR Heavy Duty is North America’s leading network of independent aftermarket truck parts distributors. VIPAR Heavy Duty distributors serve the needs of their customers from more than 640 locations across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. VIPAR Heavy Duty distributors are specialists who understand the demands of their local, regional, and national customers for quality parts and exceptional service. VIPAR Heavy Duty also operates two wholly owned subsidiaries, Global Parts Network, LLC and Power Heavy Duty LLC, as part of the VIPAR Heavy Duty Family of Companies. VIPAR Heavy Duty is a proud member of NEXUS North America and NEXUS Automotive International, a worldwide group of parts distributors committed to bringing a global approach to the automotive and commercial vehicle aftermarket industries. For more information, visit www.vipar.com.