Peterbilt Motors Company today announced updated offerings for the 2019 PACCAR Engines. Peterbilt will offer the MX-13 with two new ratings for the 2019 model year engines; a multitorque 455 HP with a torque rating of 1,650 – 1,850 lb.-ft. and a 405 HP with 1,650 lb.-ft. of torque. Each update for model year 2019 engines was specifically designed to result in increased reliability and fuel economy. When packaged with the PACCAR Transmission and the PACCAR 40k rear axle the new 405 HP and 1,650 lb.-ft. torque rating for the MX-13 provides one of most fuel efficient integrated powertrains for long haul customers. “Peterbilt and PACCAR Powertrain work closely to ensure Peterbilt customers have the most fuel efficient options available, and they already benefit from a total weight savings of more than 500 lbs. when spec’ing the full PACCAR Powertrain on the Model 579,” said Peterbilt’s onhighway marketing manager Wesley Slavin. “Peterbilt’s customers have challenged us to find even more ways to maximize fuel economy and these new ratings deliver.” The new engine ratings will be available January 2019. Peterbilt Motors Company, located in Denton, Texas, has a global reputation for superior quality, industry leading design, innovative engineering and fuel efficient solutions, and is recognized as the “Class” of the industry.
- PETERBILT DISPLAYS NEW MODEL 579 AND NEW MEDIUM DUTY MODEL 536 AT TMC
- First New Kenworth 52-Inch Flat Roof Sleeper Delivered To C.A.R. Transport
- Fleetrite Parts Partners with Navistar Dealer Network to Expand Retail Footprint
- Mack Trucks Dealer Nextran Truck Centers Expands Footprint in U.S. with Acquisition
- Volvo Trucks’ VNR Electric Will Deliver Zero-Tailpipe Emissions Transportation to New River Valley Plant